How to make friends in a foreign Country? 6 ways to meet people abroad

Studying abroad can be one of the best experiences of your life. It is not just about the things you can learn but the valuable experiences and the self-discovery process you go through. Like anything in life, studying abroad is much better when shared with others, so make sure you take some time to meet people from all over the world and set yourself up to experience your new environment fully.

Here are some ideas to help you make friends abroad and make the most of your life abroad, 

1. Join a club or social group.

Fortunately, there is always a club for everyone, from reading clubs to dancing classes, hiking, and food hunters. You can always find these groups directly at your College/University, on Facebook groups or even at 

To make it easier for you:

  1. Make a list of the activities you enjoy doing, your hobbies, and your interests.
  2. Research for similar meetup groups around this topic and activities.
  3. Approach them and start meeting new people who already have something in common with you, making it easier for you to feel comfortable and happy.

2. Start exploring your new environment through events and activities. Go to as many as you can. 

The good thing about Australia is that there are always free events and activities. This is held on a city level or even within students’ accommodations and campuses. Make sure you get familiar with the online portals that regularly promote this information and subscribe to the most suitable newsletters. I recommend What’s on, timeout, the library board, and the student union. Select the best events – more interesting – for you and enjoy your new environment to the fullest!

3. Host a BBQ, picnic, or dinner party, 

In Australia, BBQs and picnics are the real deal. Everyone loves them, and they are cheap, easy to host, and clean:)  Apart from the fact that Australia has public BBQs and picnic spots in every park. 

You can approach people from your classes, apartment complexes, and accommodation units. Suggest the idea, and if everyone is keen, you can even ask them to bring something to share. In Australia BYO (Bring your own) is key, so do not feel bad about suggesting it – especially when you are on a student budget. Usually, people love to share dishes from their home countries, making the experience exciting and unforgettable!

4. Volunteer in the community 

Giving back to the community is an ideal opportunity for you to meet new people and get fully immersed in your host environment. You can perform different tasks for only a few hours a week, meet new people, support the cause you care for and receive all the rewards that come from giving. You can find volunteer opportunities and select those that suit your availability and expertise on seek Volunteer.

5. Join a Gym, dancing classes, or exercise groups. 

As an international student, you can enjoy discounted fees at sports clubs, gyms and dancing classes. They are an excellent opportunity to meet new people and stay fit. Remember, it does not matter if you are good at it. Mastering comes with time and practice. Enjoy and embrace the journey. 

6. Use social media 

Reach out to your new acquaintance, classmates and peers on social media. An easier way for you to connect and develop your social networks. Stay tuned for the coming events, and keep nurturing these life-lasting relationships. 





Updated requirements for travel into and out of Australia

Further changes to the requirements for travel into and out of Australia come into effect from 18 April 2022. Read what’s changing below 

Pre-departure testing (PCR Test)

From 18 April 2022, changes to pre-departure testing for travelling to Australia will come into effect.

Passengers will  not longer required to have a Negative pre-departure PCR tests for entering Australia. However, they need to meet the requirements of the airline they are travelling with and the countries they transit through.


All travellers into and out of Australia will still be required to provide proof of double vaccination against COVID-19. For type of Vaccination proof required for inbound or outbound travel, please check proof of vaccination webpage.

Mask Wearing

Travellers will still be required to wear a mask while on international flights based on medical advice.

Digital Passenger Declaration

All travellers arriving by air into Australia should complete the Digital Passenger Declaration (DPD) unless they are flight crew. You can start a DPD seven days before your flight to Australia, but you can only submit a DPD within 72 hours before your departure.

The DPD requests details that are considered critical health information. Passengers who do not make the declaration before they board their flight may be delayed when arriving in Australia.

See the Department of Home Affairs website for more information on coming to Australia and the DPD.



Information via the Australian Department of Health and  The Hon Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health and Aged Care


Driving in Australia as an International Student

In Australia, laws and driving regulations differ from state to state. You can select the state or territory you will be driving to determine the laws for driving with an overseas licence. However, we tell you the common requirements and prerequisites to drive in Australia with an overseas license.

First, you need to consider the length of your stay. 

Are you visiting Australia for a short period? Or do you hold an Australian Visa that lasts more than three months? 

Suppose you answered affirmatively to the first question. In that case, you should know that you are allowed to drive in Australia for the first three months of your student visa or tourist visa in most of the Australian states and territories (Northern Territory exempted).

Please note that you would only be able to drive on an overseas licence as long as it is current and you comply with the conditions on this overseas licence, including vehicle type. 

Make sure you follow your state’s requirements before getting into the roads to be compliant. 

a. Some states require you to carry an International Licence with your current foreign licence 

b. other states request you to carry your foreign driver’s licence with a formal English translation. 

In both cases, you would be required to prove your visitor status or temporary residence when stopped by the police, so make sure you keep a copy of your visa status handy within our vehicles. 


What happens if I have been in Australia longer than 3 months or if I do hold a student visa for 6+ months? 

In this case, you should move your overseas license to the Australian state you are currently residing at. 

  1. Check if your country is recognised for theoretical and practical exam exemption under the Australian state. This would define the sort of application you need to prepare and present. 

For those in NSW, 

Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Ireland, Isle of Man , Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States of America do not have to pass the knowledge or driving tests for an NSW licence. 

Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, and Taiwan nationals – you will be exempt of the Knowledge and driving test for NSW – if and only if – you are 25 years or older. 

If you belong to the second countries group but are under 25 years of age or are a national of a country that has not been listed, you must pass the relevant Knowledge and driving tests.

After you are sure if you are exempt or not, you can: Prepare your application

Before you visit a service centre, make sure you have everything you need to apply for a NSW licence. You need:

If you are an Australian permanent resident, you will also need to provide proof of your Australian permanent residency.


Visit a service centre.

Submit your application in person at a service centre and complete your test requirements to receive your NSW licence.

Go Driving -Congratulations!



Finding it hard to juggle between work and study? Don’t you worry, I will share how I studied (and Paid) my Masters’s degree in Australia with a waitressing job. 

Develop a Study Plan

Even if it sounds cliché, don’t leave everything to the last minute. 

Time Management is vital for you to succeed. I strongly recommend setting timetables and calendars and placing them somewhere visually accessible, such as Fridge. Those plans become a daily reminder and an easier way to track your progress.

Suppose you are running behind schedule – make adjustments to your weeks and do your best to meet the submission dates. 

Choose a flexible Job that pays well and fits your study patterns. 

When I was pursuing my Master’s, International Students were only allowed to work 20 hours per week. So, I decided to work primarily on weekends, where I was entitled to penalty rates ($30 and 35 dollars per hour). Thus, I registered within one staffing company called Pinnacle People, and through their app, I picked only those shifts that suited my preferences. Location, Payment, dates, Number of Hours, among others. This, I could get the flexibility I needed to perform at university and gain complete control of my earnings. 

Know your limits. 

I will be realistic and say that even when you are 100% on top of everything, you might not have control of everything that happens in your life. Therefore, you could have times when you need to work more, or even when you need to study a bit more. The simple way is to learn how to balance your commitments and work smartly. If you feel overwhelmed with all the responsibilities, take some time to enjoy yourself. Go out to dinner, drinks, coffee, picnics, whatever calms you down and helps you recharge your batteries. If you feel like doing nothing, do nothing. Know your limits and do not exceed your mental and physical health. 

Be mindful of your expenses. 

Even though it is an excellent idea to go out and explore your host country, when you are funding your course and living expenses, you will constantly find yourself making sacrifices – or as I decided to call them – healthy choices. 

When it comes to intelligent expenditure, try your best to cook 99% of the time and bring your food with you to University and Work. Avoid getting the famous and delightful $4.5 coffee – opt for instant coffee or $1  7-eleven coffee. Buy a Bicycle and save on public transport while staying fit.

If you think this is extreme, let me tell you extremely is seeing my classmates still paying back their study loans, while I graduated without debts

When buying things, ask yourself twice if you (really) need it? 

Avoid buying books, gym memberships and streaming services that you would rarely be going to use. Take advantage of free services, University Library, second hand Student Union book shop, discounted chemist, pub specials, happy hours and weekly catalogues at major grocery shops. 

Talk with a career coach and your professors to ensure you constantly nurture your professional profile.

Do not wait until your 485 visa is expiring to start thinking about your future or what is coming next. Before graduation, start looking for formal employment opportunities to put your foot at the door and develop your professional career in Australia. 


How to Successfully Apply For a Rental Property in Australia

Australia offers multiple accommodation options, from in-campus accommodation to house/flat sharing or property lease. Your preference could have been subject to financial capabilities, the intention to share with people from other countries or as simple as having your place to develop your credit history within the country. However, one of the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic was the reduction of rental prices, which resulted in the highly competitive rental market.

These days, it is normal to spot long queues of people at every inspection, making it harder for temporary visa holders to secure their lease. Fortunately, everyone at LinAs team has been renting in Australia for a while now. We have gathered valuable information for you.


These sure-fire tips guarantee that you and your rental application will stand out from the crowd.

Plan ahead!

Only attend inspections that suit your requirements, and be prepared to apply on the spot. I strongly recommend you to write down what you want or need in a house. Consider the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the public transport and grocery shopping access, among other criteria. Only attend inspections that fulfil your requirements. 

It’s a waste of time to inspect residences that you don’t like or that don’t meet the criteria you’ve set.

Don’t look at rental properties until you want or need to.  

It’s pointless to look at houses if you are not ready to apply, as these properties are most likely to go out of the market by the time you are prepared to apply.

Never apply before you attend the inspection. 

Despite some people using this technique regularly to secure properties they like online, you need to consider that: 

  1. properties do not always look like it is shown in the photos. I can’t stress this enough.  Images can sometimes be edited and modified to make places look brighter and bigger. I, personally, have attended many inspections thinking it was my dream house and I was disappointed with the real status of the property. 
  2. Even when the property looks nice, the inspection always helps you identify the living habits of the apartment complex. for example, consider the smell in the property, the common areas, the laundry lines in the balconies, the shoes outside the door, the cigarette bugs, the rubbish, the dog poo, among others. You would only see these unspoken rules, when attending inspections. 
  3. This could indicate to the rental agent that you are unconcerned about the home and will not properly care for it, or that you are desperate for any housing, regardless of its condition. 
Get a decent list of references. 

You can efficiently utilise the previous housemates and landlords as reliable references if you have previously rented in Australia. However, if you have no rental history in Australia, you can approach anyone with sufficient authority to respect property, such as a professor, an employer or/and a friend’s parent. You can also collect statements from friends or family members that you have stayed in the past with and where they state how nice it was for them to have you in their home and how respectful and clean you were. 

Prepare your payslips.

Get the best-looking ones if you’re a casual. Don’t send in payslips from the jobs where you worked the fewest hours. Try to show with your bank statements and payslips a regular source of income; Enough to meet the rent on weekly basis. 

Selecting Moving Date 

Set the moving date the closed to the day the property is available. This would encourage the landlord to pick up your application or stand out against the others. 

When applying on spot.

If you fell in love with the property, you can apply during the inspection by filling up the form. However, remember to follow up with the property manager via email to ensure your application has not been lost during the rush of the inspection date. If possible, attach a digital copy of your application to the email, so it is clearly identified and saved for later assessment. 

When applying online. 

If the real state agency only uses online applications, make sure you prepare and fill out the form as soon as you know you wish to rent the home. For desperate it might sound, property managers might review applications submitted first, which would make a big difference between getting the property and not getting the property. 

Remember to contact your employer and previous landlords to request they validate your references on the system as soon as possible so your assessment does not get delayed. 

If you are attending an inspection, 

If you are attending an Inspection, and you decide to apply on the spot. You can fill up the physical copy. However, remember that physical copies can be lost and so, it will be important for you to follow up on your applicatioon by contacting the property manager directly and sending a digital copy of your application. 

Make a good impression – Introduce yourself to the Property Manager and dress well . This way, you’re more likely to make an impact and as in a job interview,  it would be easier for the property manager to remember you. If you have any particular aspect that you like about the house or the neighbourhood, let the rental agent know, so they understand how enthusiastic you are about this property and so, you will not  break your lease.  

After the inspection.

Call the agent to inform ask if they have received your application. This is an excellent idea to showcase your intention to be considered fro the property, but also gives the property manager opportunity to ask you questions if needed. 

If it doesn’t work out, try again!

There were probably a number of individuals looking at the same house at the same time. Don’t give up hope!

Above all, remember to stay safe!

Renting your own space would grant you lots of independence, but it demands responsibility. It is important for you to understand  your rights as a renter in Australia




Free apps you need to use as an Internationa Student in Australia.

Settling in another country is always full of excitement. However, it can also be quite challenging when juggling work, study and tight budgets, at least at the start. , This is why, we at LinAs, have created a list of free apps and tools that any international student and a temporary visa holder must know and use to enjoy its Australia Experience to the fullest. From the best deals and bargains to outstanding academic achievements.

Meetup: Local Groups and Events


Whatever you’re looking to do this year or whatever interest you have, you can always sign up on Meetup to meet people, make friends, find support, grow a business, and explore your passions. Meetup offers a wide variety of groups and events that you can join to have some fun. From dining, pub crawling, book readers, singles, couples, photography, outdoors, sports, sceneries, hiking, and fitness… on MeetUp, you will find different ways to explore Australia and get lost within its locals.
Alternatively, depending on your location, the Department may make the refund by another payment method.

TodayTix :Last-minute Theatre Tickets


Use TodayTix to book last-minute theatre tickets at the best prices for Sydney shows. Between you and me, you can easily attend a show at the opera house and any other outstanding cultural events and live performances for $45. All available performances are listed, and there are plenty of chances to get a fancy date out with your peers and, even more, enjoy your Australian experience to the fullest. 

Bridj NSW : Alternative Public Transport

Bridj NSW

If you are located in Sydney, you can get a huge advantage of Bridj NSW. This is a powerful tool offered in conjunction to NSW public transport. It provides alternative bus routes for those areas in the outer west where services are not as frequent and convenient. You can book your ride and drop off point based on the nearest bus stops, and you are all good to go to your designated destination for as little as $3.

Frugl Grocery: Shop for less!

Frugl Grocery

Frugl Grocery is an Everyday Grocery App. This is a revolutionary and handy tool for you to shop smartly. It allows you to scan the product’ bar code, and you will have access to a comparison price list between retailers. You can also create a shopping list and share it with your housemates to avoid over expenditure.


Luxury Escapes: Resorts

Luxury Escapes

You might have crossed paths with this app in the past as it is available worldwide. It brings you access to the world’s best escapes at affordable prices. You must travel within a certain period of time, so if you are planning your holidays in advance  – this could be quite handy for you to explore Australia most luxurious destinations and venues at unbeatable prices. 

EatClub : Restaurant meals up to 65% off


Eatclub offers Last Minute Restaurant deals around Australia. It allows restaurants to immediately upload last-minute deals throughout the day or night at an off-peak or slower period. All the app’s users will receive a notification with live deals in two seconds, and you can redeem them, either take away or dine-in. Offers go from 30% to 65% off in the available offers, and you can easily enjoy a proper restaurant meal and service

Cash Rewards : Shop and Earn

Cash Rewards

With the Cash Reward app, you can shop as usual, Online or in-store and get Cashback at over 1,700 of Your Favourite Brands. You will unlock great deals and enjoy super savings every time you shop, continually getting more for less.  

Canva: Graphic Design Tool


When it comes to reports and presentations, you can level up your skills and provide a most professional look of your work. Canva, as the most user-friendly graphic designer tool, offers thousands of templates and stock images that you can integrate into your work. The numerous editing features will facilitate your work and make it look as a professional art piece.



As its name states, Grammarly is the app you must have to write texts like a native speaker. It scans your texts for common grammatical errors and eliminates them for an outstanding report. Thus, you can easily improve any text, from a university assessment to a job presentation letter.

Advanced grammar rules, contextual spell checker, vocabulary enhancement, plagiarism checker, correct writing mistakes, and even highlights the tone are available on Grammarly.

Loom: Screen Recorder


Loom is an easy and free screen recorder. It is a must-have tool for those who like online learning or even remote work. It facilitates communications between parties and even more, minimise errors when there are any offline interactions

Resoomer: Summary Tool


Resoomer is also a must-have when studying in Australia. It is a software and online tool that summarises text, allowing you to meet the word limit in multiple assessments and save the most important concepts for your later revision.

Quillbot: Paraphrasing Tool


Quillbot is the number 1 paraphrasing tool. Using state-of-the-art AI, it can help you rewrite and enhance any sentence, paragraph, or article. By using this app, you will minimise any plagiarism treat on your deliverables at universities or colleges and, even more, learn new words and mannerisms of English Speakers.

These are by far the 12 must have international student apps that you should download and keep handy if you would like to take the best advantage of the Australian experience.

If you know any other app that we have missed and it is worth sharing, please let us know, and we will inform everyone about it. Remember, We are all, the family away from home!

LinAs is You, LinAs is us!


Refunds and waivers of Visa Application Charges

Since 19th of January, International Students and Working Holiday Visa holders have been eligible for a refund of their visa application charge (VAC)  if, The visa holder is offshore and arrives to Australia between 19 January 2022 and 19 March 2022.

 The VAC refund also includes secondary visa holders, which means any student or working holidaymaker who has left Australia in the past and is willing to travel back and support the Australian Economic Recovery. However, how are international students getting their refunds?

In the following section, we will explain step by step what students need to do to lodge a refund request, along with the extensive eligibility criteria and the most updated answers for the commonly asked questions.

Are you eligible for a refund?

For Students, you will be eligible for a refund of the visa application charge paid in relation to that visa if:

  • you hold a valid Student visa (subclasses 500, 560, 571, 572, 573, 574 or 575) , and
  • arrive in Australia on that visa between 19 January 2022 and 19 March 2022. 

Working Holiday Maker (WHM) visa holders will be eligible for a refund of the VAC paid in relation to that visa if they:

  • hold a valid Working Holiday Maker visa (subclasses 417 or 462);​ and
  • arrive in Australia on that visa between 19 January 2022 and 19 April 2022. 

You do not need to lodge your claim immediately. If you hold a Student or WHM visa, and you arrive within the specified period, you will be eligible for a refund.​​​

You will not receive a refund automatically. You must make a claim using the Students and WHM refunds form​.

Please note that You can make a claim any time up until 31 December 2022.

Getting a refund

Please note that visa application charges are paid to the Australian Immigration Department to assess the visa application, so you won’t get a refund just because your application was unsuccessful. 

Students and Holiday Makers still need to pay their visa fees, and it is after they have arrived in Australia they can request a refund of those funds. Students who reverse the application payment might have, 

  • Their application becoming invalid
  • Their application being cancelled
  • a confirmed debt with the Australian Commonwealth. This debt might affect the outcome of a future visa application.

How can someone get the visa fee refunded?

If you submitted your application through ImmiAccount or paid through ImmiAccount

Follow these steps to check the status of your payment:

  1. Log into your ImmiAccount
  2. Go to ‘Manage Payments’ in the ‘My Payments’ drop-down tab
  3. The payment status will be displayed
  4. If the payment status in ImmiAccount is:
    • ‘Credit’ then select the ‘Request Refund’ option from the actions menu
    • ‘Paid’ you will need to complete Form 1424 – Refund request (461KB PDF). Send the completed form to the office processing your application. If you do not know your processing office then send the completed form to your nearest office.
If you didn’t submit your application or make a payment through ImmiAccount

You will need to:

  1. Complete Form 1424 – Refund request (461KB PDF)
  2. Send the completed form to the office processing your application. If you don’t know the location of the office processing your application, send the completed form to your nearest office.

How long will the refund take?

There is no standard time for processing refund requests. Each claim must be individually assessed under relevant administrative or legislative authority.

What supporting documentation do you need to provide?

• Clear and well-supported reasons for requesting a refund, including Government Announcement. Attach any supporting documents or statements.
• If your application was lodged over the internet, a bank statement clearly listing the name on the account and the payment must be provided. Do not show credit card number on-line or via email.
• If your application was lodged at a counter or by mail, attach the original receipt. If you do not have the original receipt you must attach a Statutory Declaration, declaring that you have either lost or misplaced the receipt and that you have not used the receipt to lodge a further application.

How will the refund be made?

If the refund request is successful, you will be paid the approved amount directly to the bank account used to make the original payment. The method of payment preferred by the Department is electronic funds transfer (EFT). Alternatively, depending on your location, the Department may make the refund by another payment method.

What happened with anyone who were unable to travel to, or who departed from Australia early because of COVID-19 restrictions

You can only  apply for a refund of your Visa Application Charges, in the following cases, 

  • Prospective Marriage (subclass 300)
  • Pacific Labour Scheme and Seasonal Worker Programme (subclass 403)
  • Working Holiday Maker (subclass 417)
  • Work and Holiday (subclass 462)

Similarly, you will need to complete  Form 1424 – Refund request (461KB PDF) and refer to  Refunds and waivers of Visa Application Charges


For more information about Refunds and waivers of Visa Application Charges, visit immigration Website.  


Australian Universities with the best employment Outcomes

Every year, University Rankings are provided worldwide to discuss each institutions’ strengths and characteristics. The ratings and rankings help International students make informed decisions when selecting Universities worldwide. However, did you know that students can now access employment outcomes for many Universities around the globe?

This article presents the Australian Universities ranking within the Top 200 Universities worldwide based on the 2021/2022 measurement, along with the employment outcomes for both Undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Australia.

13 Australian Universities have entered the 2021/2022 top 200 Universities worldwide

Surprisingly, these highly recognised institutions worldwide do not hold the higher Australia’s undergraduate and postgraduate outcomes for the 2021/2022 period. Here is the list of the top 20 Universities with the best Undergraduate and Postgraduate Outcomes based on the Good Education Media and the Good University guide portal.

Australian RankingUniversityWorldwide RankingUndergraduate Employment OutcomePostgraduate Employment Outcome
1 University of Sydney 4 78.2% 88.3%
2 University of Melbourne 7 61.1% 86.3%
3 University of New South Wales 36 78.5% 90.3%
4 University Of Queensland 49 74.2% 83.4%
5 University of Technology Sydney 69 74.7% 84.9%
6 Monash University 79 73.8% 83.1%
7 Australian National University 84 71.3% 88.1%
8 RMIT University 97 70% 81.5%
9 Queensland University of Technology 111 68.5% 88%
10 Macquarie University 121 71.2% 86.1%
11 University of Western Australia 141 56% 81.6%
12 University of Adelaide 171 66.2% 78.9%
13 University of Wollongong 181 72.3%% 87.4%%

The Undergraduate Full-Time Employment ratings in Australia

This rating compares the employment rates of graduates from different universities, identifying those education providers whose proportion of graduates were employed full time four months after completing their course.

Postgraduate Full-Time Employment ratings in Australia.

This rating compares the employment rates of graduates from different universities. It looks at the proportion of graduates who were employed full time four months after completing their course.


Australia is an amazing destination when it comes to abroad education and experiences. Its outstanding Institutions provide world-class education and bring enormous opportunities to all its graduates, from International Scholarships to successful careers and full-time employment outcomes.

Suppose you are thinking to pursue an International Degree in Australia. In that case, you can be confident that you can work, travel, and enjoy your OZExperience to the Fullest when holding a student visa.

To discuss the most suitable courses for you, along with the scholarships available, please book a free consultation with one of our education experts here.


Student Discounts Australia

Did you know that International students have access to exclusive discounts on Fashion, Tech, food and more when holding a valid student card? Yeah, you heard that right!

There is a complete guide of discounts and best deals for international students, and we have covered it for you here. keep reading 🙂

While being in Australian, an International Student can have a lifetime experience. However, it might also be challenging to find a work-life balance, especially with the cost of accommodation, utilities, transport, tuition fees, leisure activities, among others. Australia has so many things to offer, and many enterprises have committed to supporting students in their education and experience abroad. Thus, students can access discounts on online shopping, apps and in-store with highly-recognised brands.

Discounts available to International Students!

UNiDAYS & Student Beans

Unidays and Student Beans, for example, are online platforms where students can create an account and access a wide range of items, including Fashion, beauty, lifestyle, Technology, Food & furniture. Students can shop directly with world-wide enterprises on these two websites at a discounted fare. Depending on the product and brand, students can enjoy up to 50% off, including technology products. Students need to verify their student status through the University or College portal to unlock the discount codes.

Student Flights

Student flights (today known as Student Universe)  offer special tariffs and deals in flight tickets, tours and accommodation for students and people under 30s. Thus, you can save big time when travelling interstate or internationally when studying in Australia. To access these savings, you would be required to present a valid student or proof of age card to confirm your eligibility for the discounted fares.

Student Edge

Like UNiDAYS, Student Edge offers discounts on specific fashion and technological devices. However, its forte is the promotion of food and entertainment activities. Therefore, if you are a student in Australia, you can enjoy Churros, Movie tickets and skydive with up to 50% off. isn’t it great?

Music Streaming Programs

Spotify, iTunes, and other music streaming providers offer student subscription discounts. These can save you up to 50 per cent on the original price, paying only $5.99 a month for a premium level subscription on both services. To be eligible, you will need to prove your enrolment at an accredited higher education institution in Australia.

Concession Fare on Public Transport

Students living in the Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland or Western Australia are eligible for a concession fare on public transport if they’re studying full-time at an accredited institution. Students in Sydney and Melbourne do not have access to concession cards unless they belong to exchange programs or government-funded scholarships

Outstanding offers with world-wide brands

There are many enterprises that International students can approach to enjoy student discounts and make the best out of their experience in Australia. Apple, JB HiFi, Amazon, Harvey Norman, Officeworks, Lenovo, HP, and Huawei have outstanding deals for international students when it comes to technological devices. Up to 30% deals and free items with the purchases are always a good option for those looking to optimise their abroad experience.

Specsavers has $100 off for students in all glasses and contact lenses.

Vodafone and Optus offer 10% discounts to students and many e-commerces, such as, The iconic, and are available with up to 55% off.

What are you waiting for? start enjoying your abroad experience and safe big-time in Australia while doing so. Many things and activities are available for you!

Preparing to travel to and from Australia I REQUIREMENTS EXPLAINED

From the 15th of December, fully vaccinated eligible visa holders can travel to and from Australia without an exemption. Quarantine requirements would depend on the state or territory of arrival. Please visit the state or territory government website for information about the current quarantine requirements that apply in that jurisdiction.

If you need to transit through a state or territory on your way to your destination state or territory, you may also need to take the domestic travel restrictions into account.

What are the Requirements to travel to and from Australia?

1. You must have a valid eligible visa to travel in and out of Australia.

International Student visa (500), Temporary Graduates (485), Work and Holiday visa (462), Working Holiday visa (417), and Temporary Work (400, 403) are part of the eligible visas. For the whole list please visit Immigration Department Website here.

2. A negative ❎ PCR COVID-19 test result is required for travelling to or transiting through Australia. This test must be taken within three days before your flight
3. Be fully vaccinated with any of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved vaccines unless there is a medical exemption. 

To travel to Australia, you must have taken two doses 💉, with not less than 14-days apart, of any of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved vaccines. This includes AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Sinovac, Bharat Biotech Covaxin and Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV. If you have taken the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you only need to show one dose.

Seven days must have passed since the final dose of vaccine before you can travel into or out of Australia.

Mixed doses count towards being fully vaccinated as long as all vaccines are approved or recognised by the TGA.

🚨IMPORTANT: If you have not been vaccinated with the above doses or schedule, you do not meet Australia’s definition of ‘fully vaccinated.’ This includes instances where the dosing schedule or vaccine eligibility differs in your country of origin. If you have received non-TGA approved or recognised vaccines, you will not be treated as a vaccinated person for inbound travel to Australia. 

4. Present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate from a health authority or a valid Medical Exemption

If you were vaccinated in Australia and aim to depart and return to Australia, you must provide an International COVID-19 vaccination certificate (ICVC). Get it through the MyGov app.

Travellers vaccinated in other countries must present a vaccination certificate issued by the country they were vaccinated in. These certificates should be in formats that meet the following criteria:

  • issued by a national or state/provincial-level authority or an accredited vaccination provider
  • written in English or accompanied by a certified translation
  • containing at a minimum:
    a. name as it appears in the traveller’s passport
    b. either date of birth or passport number
    c. the vaccine brand name, and
    d. the date of each dose or the date on which a full course of immunisation was completed.
👨‍⚕️Medical Reason or Travel Exemption

If you cannot be vaccinated for Medical Reasons, you must provide a medical exemption. Only eligible health professionals can report medical contraindications to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). Please note that you must apply for a travel exemption if you cannot demonstrate that your medical contradiction has been reported to the AIR.

5. Australian Travel Declaration,

Before you travel to Australia, you should complete the Australia Travel Declaration (ATD) at least 72 hours before your departure for Australia. The ATD collects your contact details in Australia, flight details, travel history, vaccination information, quarantine requirements and health status. Please make sure you have the following information ready before you start your declaration :

  • passport details
  • evidence of vaccination
  • trip information
  • 14 days travel history
  • destination details
  • contact details in Australia and abroad

The ATD cannot be modified after being submitted. If there are any variations on the flight, health status, or you have made a mistake, you must submit a new Australia Travel Declaration and delete the previous application. 

As stated on the Australian Immigration Department Website: Giving false or misleading information to the Australian Government is a serious offence. If convicted, the maximum penalty is imprisonment for 12 months.

The Australia Travel Declaration is free and can be completed on the  mobile Australia Travel Declaration app or on the desktop ATD online form

Travellers coming into Australia would be required to show the Travel Declaration (either electronically or printed) before boarding the flight and on arrival in Australia. Please note the email confirmation letter could include a Green, Blue or Red response. These colours would define your eligibility to travel and Quarantine requirements on arrival 

  • Green Response (with a tick) indicates that the traveller is either quarantine-free or has a pre-approved home quarantine.
  • Blue Response (with an hourglass) – this means you need to quarantine on arrival
  • Red Response (with a cross), your airline will decide if you can travel. If you are allowed to travel to Australia, you will need to quarantine on arrival.
6. Check the arrangements in both their place of arrival and place of final destination, as quarantine requirements are different in each Australian state and territory. More information here 
 7. If you are a 🚨408 Visa Holder, please make sure to check your visa conditions before departing Australia, as many would not be allowed to return. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here or by emailing is on