Higher Education

Higher Education

There are three levels of higher education in Australia: Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degrees. Bachelor and Master degrees are most common for international students.

  • Bachelor’s degree is the first level of University education. Upon successful completion of the course you will be equipped with the knowledge and skill which will help you find employment in your interest area. It can take 3 to 4 years to get a bachelor’s degree in Australia depending on the course.
  • Master’s degree is the second level of University education which you can choose after you receive your Bachelor degree. This course will help you to increase your knowledge and improve your skills in a chosen discipline. It takes one or two years to become a certified master depending on the course.

What is the structure of university studies?

The studies are divided into semesters. There are usually 8 subjects a year with each subject taking up to 4 hours a week. You can study no more than 4 subjects each semester. This means that you can finish 8 subjects over two semesters and have time off during the 3rd semester. There are various study options in different universities and we are happy to discuss them with you so you can choose what is best for you.

How much do I have to pay?

It depends on the course but you can expect to pay from 14 000 to 25 000 AUD per year. Some studies can be quite expensive and cost up to 100000 AUD per year.

When can I start?

The studies start 2-3 times a year in February, July and sometimes in October.

What about my visa?

You’ll get a Student Visa for the duration of your studies. The best part is that after graduating (duration of the course should be at least 2 years) you can apply for a 2-year Graduate visa and gain work experience in Australia.

Is there anything else I should know?

Yes, universities in Australia require proof of your English level. 

The official requirement for bachelor studies is 6.0-6.5 IELTS or equivalent. If you want to study for a master’s degree, the universities officially require – 6.5-7.0 IELTS or equivalent. Some educational institutions have their own tests which students are required to take. In that case, IELTS or equivalent is not required. Another option is to start with an English course at a college which is approved by the university you want to study at.

Contact Us whenever You
have questions