COVID-19 Updates and Special Services
There have been difficult times. Many outbreaks, restrictions and limitations, but so far, we have done better than many countries worldwide. Challenges and difficulties will always be there, unfortunately, until we all get vaccinated.
We want to take this opportunity to explain to you how the vaccine registration process is, in case you want to take the ‘jab’ and do not have a medicare card. Also, we would like to warn you about the scams and fake vaccine invite emails circulating, as announced by the Government’s ‘scamwatch’ portal.
What you need to know:
- Covid-19 Vaccines are Free for everyone in Australia regardless of Medicare or visa status.
- If you don’t have a Medicare Card, You still can get vaccinated at a commonwealth vaccination clinic, state or territory vaccination clinic. Please find your closest clinic here and book your appointment.
- It is a voluntary procedure, but everyone above 18 is eligible. We strongly recommend you get vaccinated to save lives and protect yourself and the community.
- If you need more information, call the Covid-19 vaccine Helpline on 1800-020-080 or for translating and interpreting services, 13 14 50
Remember to request your vaccination provider to print a copy of your immunisation history statement or call the Australian Immunisation Register to have an immunisation history statement sent to you by Post. It can take up to 14 days to arrive, but you will have this on your records by the time the international borders open.
Beware of the Fake Covid-19 vaccine Invite Emails,
- Don’t give personal information to someone who calls you about the vaccine.
- Don’t click on links in unexpected emails or text messages.
- Don’t pay to get on a vaccination list – COVID-19 vaccines will be free for everyone living in Australia.
- Don’t pay for early access to a vaccine – you can’t pay for early access.
- You will not need a prescription from a GP to get vaccinated.
If you are asked for any of these by someone claiming to provide COVID-19 vaccines, it is a scam.
We are a family away from home, so please reach out if you face financial hardships or other personal difficulties. We are here to assist you in any way we can!
For the latest updates, follow us on Social Media Instagram: @linasaustralia Facebook: @linasconsultant. Migration tips, COVID emergency services and first-hand information about jobs, internships, and scholarships are shared weekly.